Monday, November 1, 2010

Have A Black Halloween

As you all know, its Halloween time and Halloween means lots of parties, lots of beer and of course well dressed folk. This year I went as Black Face mainly because of my odd fascination and the fact that it was a hit in the past. I know Blackface sounds like a lot of fun but sometimes people seem to treat you a little funny. I have been called a racist in the past for my choice of dress which I by all means am not. This year however Blackface made an appearance at a a house party. Since five of my good friends live at this house I figured my Al Jolson get-up would go over just fine. Although I was surrounded mainly by friendly smiling faces there always has to be the downer of the party. This time the downer was a belligerent overweight Caucasian girl with a bottle of Jim Beam in one hand a plastic cup filled with keg beer and ashes in the other. I'm not sure exactly what nerve Blackface struck with this slob of a woman but lets just say she wasn't so friendly. Maybe she was planning on going as Whiteface and felt that I was an arch enemy. Who's to say... All I know is every time I passed by the drunken mess, she put on a pretty good show for the 150-200 people at the party to enjoy. Her first show was punching the walls screaming "I hate him, I hate him!"
I figured things could only get more ugly and violent from here so I tried to keep my distance but theres only so many rooms in a house and it seemed like Blackface and Drunk-Girl were constantly crossing paths. Drunk-Girl disliked my Blackface so much that I was pushed and even had a beer thrown at me. Still I managed to keep my spirits up. After all it is Halloween and what better time of the year to be covered in a little bit of beer. I started to notice that I wasn't the only one who wasn't getting along with this girl. It seemed like everyone was just trying to crawl away from her and everyone was rolling eyes as she stumbled by and spilled beer on their shoes. Well Blackface was starting to have enough of all this. I walked away to get some beer from the keg like a gentlemen but before I could wet my whistle I was pushed out of the way and her ash filled cup was being filled instead of mine which was rightfully first in line. She mumbled some nonsensical drivel at me and I made a few rude comments about her weight problem. Suddenly I have another beer thrown at me. Well this was one to many beers for this performer. I cocked my head back and thrusted forwards and let a nice glob of spit come flying from my white painted lips. Cheers came from all around as if Blackface saved the day and did what everybody else wanted to do. The drunken mess tried to get closer to me for the attack as I shouted out any rude comment that came to mind. There was just to many people in bulky costumes for a drunk to get through. People shouted from different directions for her to go home and I guess even a wet-brain can realize when they are no appreciated because she turned and headed for the door. Before her exit I warned her not to crash her car and die for that would just break my heart. With her absence the party went on.
I feel we have come a long way. We have a black man in the White House and Blackface saved Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment